Reading the articles and watching the videos on AT certainly expanded my viewpoint on AT. From a simple tool to open jars to a wheelchair to a crayon grip on to what I was thinking about from the beginning....the computer!
I am so thankful that for individuals with disabilities ,more and more, they are being helped in so many ways to lead more productive and normal lives. And in my opinion ,with technology, the doors have opened for a broader range of communication and involvement in everyday activities,that until many individuals had access to technology they were unable to participate in.
In my classroom I believe the ability for a student to use a keyboard to communicate with other students and participate in discussions is incredibly valuable.Also the ability to be exposed to images and information that may have been impossible for some students to access if they suffer from limited mobility and the inability to handle other resources.
This is a subject I have not researched much nor have I had much experience,but after downloading the incredibly extensive list of resources available for people with disabilities, I realize we can do so much to help everyone live a productive and involved life.
It seems from watching the videos the use of technology to assist our students to learn at their full potential is another great tool available that as educators we have no excuses for not using in our classroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment